WE ARE RECRUITING!
We are recruiting!
ESOL Tutor: English for speakers of other languages
We are expanding our ESOL Team. To express your interest please send your CV to email@example.com. Thank you!
South Wye Development Trust Ltd @ The Kindle Centre was formed in 2006. The Trust has a partnership with the local authority, to provide English for speakers of other languages. The Trust is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee and provides support to the community by offering a whole range of community activities. We are a vibrant, progressive forward thinking organisation which always puts our community first!
Our values and mission
- South Wye Development Trust is committed to South Wye to benefit local people, making it a great environment to live, work, play and visit.
- We exist to support the community, harness the creativity, heritage, and diversity of the area to maintain and improve the places and spaces we look after.
- Through partnership working, stewardship and collaboration with every part of the community SWDT helps this vibrant part of Hereford City to continue to grow and thrive.
- Our challenge is to understand the desires and needs of the local community and to use our resources in a way that best supports what the community is doing.
- We will try to improve quality of life for people living and working in South Wye, and especially for those most disadvantaged, vulnerable, and socially excluded.
- Our values, in all that we do, are to ensure that we are inclusive and participative, partnership-focused, and that we deliver valuable and quality outcomes.
Hours: Early evenings, but Flexible hours to be agreed.
Terms: Fixed term contract to 31st July 2024, potential to be extended.
Pay: To be discussed.
Summary of Post
This post serves to deliver high quality, formal scheduled ESOL teaching, including planning, delivery, assessment, and review, alongside curriculum development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To teach groups of adults using a variety of relevant methods and approaches to enable and support learning offering information, advice, and guidance.
- To work with the ESOL Team in the design and delivery of learning programmes to enable learners to achieve personal learning goals.
- To provide initial and ongoing advice to prospective learners.
- To undertake the necessary preparation, marking and reviewing activities relating to the learning programmes.
- To undertake initial, diagnostic, and ongoing assessment and review and record learner progress and achievement in line with RARPA principles.
- To maintain appropriate course file information and learner records.
- To contribute to successful quality assurance by maintaining and forwarding timely accurate records within agreed timescales.
- To keep up to date with developments in the curriculum area and undertake personal and professional development and training.
- Level 5 DET Diploma in Education and Training / DTLLS or
- PGCE Post-Graduate Certificate in Education
- Level 3 (A level) English
- Level 2 Maths
- TEFL, CELTA or TESOL qualification
- Ideally minimum 5 years’ experience in ESOL teaching
- Ability to work to a high standard with an attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality and build relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Self-motivated, able to work alone as well as in a team.
- Excellent IT, verbal and written communication skills with students and colleagues.
- Flexibility and empathy to engage with all people.
- Good time management skills, including the ability to prioritise and plan work to meet deadlines.
- A genuine desire to support people from every background.
- Maintain and observe conditions of health and safety.
- Willingness to develop within the job and undergo relevant training.
- Be committed to Equality and Diversity, willing to learn and take on responsibility.
- Be positive, patient and adaptable under pressure.
Regular on-going training is provided within work hours in the following contexts: Individual online trainings, team meetings, Council led ACL training.